Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

help! my mobile me account is really messed up. all things

Customer Question

help! my mobile me account is really messed up. all things link to "find my iphone", I can't get to any of the other functions, like for instance my cloud. what's up?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Go to Safari / Reset Safari then try it again. Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not using Safair, using Firefox.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Try Safari. If you have to use Firefox make sure you have the latest version here:

Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
same problem with Safari. Do you think someone has sent a bug to
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I doubt it.

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Version 10.6.7
Processor 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Not sure what's what, but I did te verify disk (all was fine) did the repair permissions, and then went back in and it didn't work at first but after a few tries it did work in both Firefox and Safari. (we just did the permissions repair 2 weeks ago, so this is odd.)
So thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is well.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok let me know if the problem returns thank you.