Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

The keyboard (and mouse) to my PowerMac are not responding.

The keyboard (and mouse) to my PowerMac are not responding. A message appears onscreen that 'no mice are located." I've plugged and unplugged the USB and tried different outlets on the Mac -- nothing works.
Try resetting the PRAM.

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need them in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
6. Release the keys.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did the COPR restart and still get the same thing: my last screen with a message window called "Bluetooth Mouse Setup."
Holding the keys had no effect.
So you don‘t have any Bluetooth mice or keyboards? You said: “I've plugged and unplugged the USB and tried different outlets on the Mac -- nothing works.“ so your keyboard and mouse are not Bluetooth right?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO --- no bluetooth devices. Standard Apple mouse.
Do you have any other mice or keyboards around?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No -- just my laptop here, a MacPro.
Are you sure it is not just the mouse?

Put the current operating system disk in (the disk that came with your computer unless you have upgraded, in that case use the new system disk) and restart holding down the C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Sorry you say you have a MacBook Pro try the keyboard and mouse with the laptop.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I no longer have the original OS disk. I have upgraded online. Any other ideas?

VOILA!! I just repeated the COPR restart and this time it worked! Yay! I must have done it wrong the first time.

Thanks so much. Jean
OK great!!