Qin Xia
Qin Xia, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  3 year
23665630

Installed newer version of iphoto, but cant open it !

Customer Question

Installed newer version of iphoto, but can't open it !
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 3 years ago.

Ryan B. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

Ryan B. :

do you get an error

Customer :

no

Ryan B. :

What happens when you try to open it

Customer :

Flagg comes up that says " You can't open this version of iphoto, you must close and open latest version of iphoto.

Ryan B. :

That sometimes is an indication of a damaged library. Backup and launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys depressed to rebuild the library. Select options #3 and #5.?

Customer :

Can't launch iphoto

Ryan B. :

ok, i'm going to transfer your question to another expert

Expert:  Qin Xia replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
My name is Qin. It is my pleasure to work with you to solve your problems.

I will continue to help

Can you follow this to give a try to rebuild the iPhoto library:
  1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complet
Then see if it works

Let me know
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 3 years ago.

If that not working. please try this

Download iPhoneLibrary Manager and use its rebuild function.

It iwll create a new library. The process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, so it is non-destructive.

Please let me know

Thanks