Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My account was locked as I tried to reset it. How do I resolve

My account was locked as I tried to reset it. How do I resolve this now versus waiting for 8 hours? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Can you explain the issue please?

Did you mean the itunes store account? What is the exact error message you get?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the iTunes store account. I haven't used it in a while. I didn't remember the password XXXXX tried to retrieve it by answering the security question which I forgot the answer to as well. So my account is now locked for 8 hours. I requested the password XXXXX email but haven't received anything yet.
If it is locked out for 8 hours, I cannot do anything on it unfortunately as we are not affiliated to Apple/itunes.

You may also check the "spam" folder in your email. Sometimes mail from itunes land there.

If you don't remember the password XXXXX if you are not receiving anything through email, you need to contact itunes store. You can contact them by going to

www.apple.com/support/itunes

There, Click on "itunes store account and billing". Then click on "password XXXXX". Now to the right, you will find a button called "email us". Email them with the details such as your apple id (for which you forgot the password) and your email address (to which they will sent the new password).

Unfortunately, this process takes around a maximum of 24 hours. If you have any apple ipod touch/ipad/iphone which is under warranty, you can call apple care 1-800-2752273 and get it resolved right away.

Hope this info helps.

Thank You
Vinod

Please click on accept only after the issue is resolved and you are satisfied