Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i have been using mobile me for my iphone and mac for about

Customer Question

i have been using mobile me for my iphone and mac for about a year, it's brilliant. i have been aaway for 4 weeks and using wifi where i could to retrieve mail and use hte internet. since i have been home i have not been able to get it to work properly it keep dropping out and now even wiht the ethernet cord it wont work. i have been through several steps you have in your trouble shooting nothing is working. my IT god is on leave
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried turning off your DSL router and any others you have unplug from power for a few minutes then start them again. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i said that i had rebooted the system and wondered why you would give me the simple answer to what i have said i have done. i guess the internet repairer works for some however i am going to wait for my IT gut to return.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I am only human I missed that.

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.