Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a mac and a HP printer c309a. Everytime I print something

I have a mac and a HP printer c309a. Everytime I print something I get a summary sheet of what has been printed. I want to stop the summary sheet. How?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

We can try to reset the Printing system, it will restore the printing settings to default.

1. Goto System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Print & Fax ( you can also open Print & Fax from the View menu)
  3. Control-click (Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu.graphic

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik, I got to the point of the right click but when I try and click it just opens up print queue. Does not give me reset and default option. My mouse does not have button on right hand side.

Hi Siobhan, Hold down Control Key on your Keyboard and do a normal click, that is right click on Mac

Control + Click = Right Click

Also, after resetting, your Printer will be deleted from the list. So just add it back there by clicking the + button in the Print and Fax window.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, managed the righ click and did reset and and then added back printer but still getting summary report.

Are you getting the summary from every application you print from ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I got it when I printed a word doc but not whenI printed this exchange between us.
Ok..I will check Word on my Mac and let you know.
Okay..Found it. Click on Word menu and select Preferences. In Preferences, select Print under Output and Sharing. In the Print window, uncheck Document Properties and click OK. Now try to Print anything. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,