Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

i have a i phone have been using it in spain and france when

Customer Question

i have a i phone have been using it in spain and france when i come over to england it is not working the vodafone network comes up but no coverage .
the sim card is for use anywhere i have used the sim in my old nokia phone and its ok also my partner has an apple i phone and when i put my sim card in the phone it works
is there something i need to do on the phone to activate it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Not sure why you are having problems with just your iphone. But we will try some basic troubleshooting. That could solve this issue.

Check whether airplane mode is on. Go to settings > airplane mode. Turn it off if it is already on. Let's see whether this resolves the issue. If not, try the following steps.

Let's try a simple reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If reset does not help, go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings. This will restart your phone again with network settings back to default.

Let me know if none of these steps help.

Thank You

Please click on accept only after the issue is resolved and you are satisfied..:)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have tried all of these and still not working
i have just been to america for 2 weeks thats why i have not replied to you i am now back in england the sim worked perfectly in america as it does in spain but i am now at airport in england waiting to go to spain and i can not use the phone when i try to call people it straight away says message failed .
it is showing me on my phone at the moment vodaphone uk but no signal
Sorry to hear that...:(

Since it works in America and Spain, but not in England, I am not sure whether a restore of the phone would resolve this. The problem might also be related to the network, but I am not an expert with those.

I think I would opt out so that other experts with knowledge in this area will help you out..