Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am just setting up a Face Book account and I am asked for

I am just setting up a Face Book account and I am asked for an email password. Nothing I have come up with is accepted. How can I find out my email password XXXXX my mac mail account? I never use a password XXXXX emailing. Gloria
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Who is your Email Provider ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for being so stupid but in looking at my "Everything Mac" booklet and other documents all I can get is I have an iMac, Mac OSX. Serial # XXXXX Email Provider is mac.com.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. This should tell you the version of Mac OS X.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Version 10.4.11
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
We can try to recover the email password XXXXX Keychain Access application. Your Keychain Access Application should have the password. Open Keychain Access application from Applications > Utilities folder. Then in Keychain Access, click login or Saved Passwords or all items under Keychains in left column. Then search for your Mail account in there. If you found it,then double click on it and account will open in a new screen. In that screen, click the Show Password checkbox. This should show your email password. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,