Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Im having problems in Final Cut Pro 5 with my clips after

Customer Question

I'm having problems in Final Cut Pro 5 with my clips after I've color corrected them. I'm editing Interview footage shot with a Panasonic HVX200. I'll make color corrections and boost contrast to my liking but after I've rendered the corrections and watch the clip, the color keeps shifting as the subject moves. As the light shifts when the subject moves- the color keeps shifting.
I don't notice automatic color shifting on the original clip, what's causing the exaggerated color shifting after I've color corrected?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure that is not just the preview have you actually rendered any of the footage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not only rendered, but burned onto a DVD. Color shifting is still evident when the subject moves and reflects light differently.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Are you using built in color correction or a plugin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Final cut pro color correction and contrast and desaturation.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I have to opt out I am signing off for the evening, This leaves it open for other experts.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You might watch this I feel bad about abandoning you: