Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

hOW CAN i TRANSFER MY IPHONE CONTACTS AND PICTURES TO MY NEW

Customer Question

hOW CAN i TRANSFER MY IPHONE CONTACTS AND PICTURES TO MY NEW IPAD-i HAVE vERIZEN PHONE AND
IPAD?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 5 years ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is Jesse, and I'm here to help.

Jesse :

First, you'll need to have those pictures and contacts on your computer, or through an email service that allows syncing of contacts (like MobileMe or Google).

Jesse :

Have you ever synced your photos to your computer from your iPhone?

Customer :

I ONLY HAVE THEM ON MYPHONE-i HAVE A PC -DELL, USE AOL-vERIZEN IS MY SERVER THOUGH

Jesse :

Okay, in that case we need to get everything on the computer first. Connect your iPhone to your computer, and once iTunes opens up, select the iPhone from the list of devices on the left side, if it doesn't get selected by default.

Jesse :

Then, choose the Info tab along the top of the window. From there, check the Sync contacts with Outlook or Outlook Express, whichever you prefer. You'll want to make sure you don't replace what's on the iPhone with what's on the computer. It will prompt you and ask which you want to do.

Once that's finished, open up Computer, or My Computer, and you should see the iPhone listed as a digital camera. Simply double click it, and drag any photos from the DCIM folder therein, onto your PC, either in your Pictures folder, or wherever it's convenient.

Customer :

NO, i JUST GOT BOTH,I PREV HAD VERIZEN TOUCH PHONE AND THEY TRANSFERRED #S ON MY OLD PHONE TO IPHONE

Jesse :

Then, once that's finished, connect the iPad to your PC, and wait for it to appear in iTunes. Once it does, select the same option under Info, to have it sync contacts, but this time, have it replace what's on the iPad, with what's on the computer.

Jesse :

Then, go to the Photos tab in the same screen in iTunes, and tell it to sync the folder you previously copied all your photos from the iPhone into.

Customer :

ITUNES DID NOT COME UP

Jesse :

Do you have iTunes installed on your computer?

Jesse :

If not, download it (get it here).

Customer :

YES-I HAVE TO GO-I WILL CALL BACK

Jesse :

Okay, let me know when you're ready.