Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi I have a ipod touch a just changed my computer and Itunes

Customer Question

Hi I have a ipod touch a just changed my computer and Itunes can't connect with my ipod.itunes detect the ipod but can't identify it.what I have to do to make my ipod work with my new pc.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If you do not have access to your old hard drive you will need third party software to copy your music from the iPod to your unsynced iTunes on the new computer, like this:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have acces to my old hard drive my ipod connect with the old pc and I also try to copy my old librairy files to my new pc and I see files that I have download with my old pc but can't connect my ipod to add music
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You need to copy the old iTunes folder from yourusrename/Music folder to the new computer in your username / Music folder that is really all you have to do.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Have copy everything in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Francis\My Documents\My Music\iTunes of my old pc to my new pc.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok what happens when you open iTunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
itunes open normally I see music that I have in my librairy but a pop-up open and says that itunes detect my ipod but can't identify it.and I can't see what is in my ipod.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK first make sure your Apple software is up to date by going to Apple Software Update, then sign in to your Apple store account in iTunes and then Authorized this Computer under Store. If all your Music is on the computer you should be fine. Unplug the iPod then plug it back in and tell me what happens.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the music that is in my ipod is not on my computer and yes I also authorized this computer under store i already try this and it dont't work and I re-download itunes yesterday
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If the music on your iPod is not the same as the music folder you copied over how can that be? Was that the library you were using before?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes but I dont't have everything that is on my ipod in the library
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Then you must not have synced before this happened. The software will transfer that for you which was my orignal answer. You can't do it with iTunes alone.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I try it and it says that the file library.itl is lock and that I don't have autorisation for read it something like this
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Follow the directions here under:

Re-creating the iTunes Library file
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that's don't work I will try something else tomorrow thanks you Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean?