John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

This is an Excel printing Question I have created several

This is an Excel printing Question:

I have created several spreadsheets in which I need to regularly print. They are 10 columns wide but over 100 lines long. I wish to carry the same header (the first 6 rows which contain column headings and project information) onto each printed sheet when i print the entire sheet. I have used freeze frame command in the view mode. This is where the top 6 rows always appear on my screen at all times. How do I carry this same formatting into the printing command?

Here is how to accomplish that

Click File > Page Setup > Sheet tab then in the field '"Rows to repeat at top" type the rows as such $1:$4 (e.g. for the first 4 rows)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the answer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried exactly as you said.......

Problem is in print preview all I see now is the header that I wish to repeat. When I add the print range (The 100 plus Rows) it does not show anything in the print preview (other than the header and footer.

I have tried a number of time it printed all the columns including some columns to the right of the sheet in which i did not want it to print.

I took a screen shot of the print command box...anyway i can send this to you as a link???

Again I am using print the print Area command to determine the number of rows..again trying combinations of bellow the heading and the entire sheet.

No send me the actual excel file. Go to and upload the file then copy the File ID that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just sent you a screen shot of the Page Set Up screen....

The file does contain sensitive info unfortunately....

can you just talk me through each setting and in what order....

1) Page Set Up:
2) Print Area

Where is the link to view the screenshot?

I still prefer to have the actual file. Please try to replace the sensitive data with dummy values before uploading the file

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I accept your reply as your best effort. i also apologize for my delayed acceptance. I ended up checking out YouTube and with your instructions it ended up making percent sense. Again i appreciate your reply.