robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.

Why have my messages in yahoo mail inbox disappeared

Customer Question

Why have my messages in yahoo mail inbox disappeared?
Category: Mac
Expert:  tech_support replied 3 years ago.

Matt :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting with your question.

Matt :

Let me know when you are ready.

Customer :

Ok

Matt :

Ok, now, please click on the link below and login to your yahoo mail account....

Matt :

It will switch you automatically back to Classic.

Matt :

See if you can view your messages alright now.

Customer :

No. I am still missing several pages of my Inbox.

Matt :

Are you in Yahoo Mail Classic now or Beta?

Customer :

I have been using Mail Classic and have tried switching to the Beta because I read that might be the way to recover lost messages. So far it does not seem to have made a difference.

Customer :

The messages are missing in both Classic and Beta.

Matt :

Ok, are you using any email program to retrieve your yahoo mails?

Customer :

No.

Matt :

Did this happen automatically?

Customer :

Yes. What I noticed first was that the buttons to go to previous pages would not work. Then everything other than what just came in and would show on one page disappeared.

Matt :

Hmm....sorry , I'm running out of ideas....this could be a browser issue. I'll opt out now and send you question over to a specialist Mac Expert.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That answer didn't resolve the issue
Expert:  robgranholm replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Messages typically don't just disapear, and if they actually do, this would be a fault of the provider losing your e-mails, which would be Yahoo, but please explain more and maybe we can find some other options to try.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry. I don't know what else to tell you. I am not at my home computer. Am away and using lap top. Don't see why this would matter. Most of my Inbox just disappeared. What I can't understand is, my most important e-mails that I have in folders are still there. I have tried switching back and forth between Classic Mail and Beta. Has not worked. Went into one folder I hope to no longer need and erased everything because I was in such a panic over the others disappearing and I keep erasing everything that is advertising as soon as I can get to it. Also expanded the number of e-mail shown on a page in hopes I won't lose anything important. So I think storage should not be the issue.
Ok got it, it shouldn't be storage. It sounds like you've either removed the messages (or someone else has, this could happen if someone else has access, hacked the account, or if you have an e-mail program like outlook, or an ipad or apple mail removing the messages)

Alternately, contact Yahoo through there support desk. http://www.contacthelp.com/directory/Internet/Web+Sites/Yahoo?ListingID=148