Ed
Ed, Computer Tech
Experience:  Computer repair shop partner
6518536

I have problems running video. You tube video runs for 1 or

I have problems running video. You tube video runs for 1 or 2 seconds and stops. I am using wifi, 32gb I pad. What is the fix?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ed replied 3 years ago.

ed08724 :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please reply back if a solution doesn't help immediately.

ed08724 :

please give a link to one of the videos that won't play.

Customer: Pick any video on you tube or CNN .
ed08724 :

are you getting to the videos from the youtube app or from safari on youtube.com

Customer: From the app or the CNN app but it is the same if I try from Safari.
ed08724 :

has it ever worked

Customer: Yes until a couple days ago
ed08724 :

if you start the youtube app do you get the first windows with the 12 featured videos

Customer: Yes but very slow
ed08724 :

are you using verizon mifi

Customer: Comcast. My I pad says at&t
ed08724 :

so you are connected to your home router through wifi

Customer: Yes
ed08724 :

are you on the ipad typing to me now?

Customer: Yes
ed08724 :

please download the ABC player from the app store and see if that will play a video

Customer: Doing it now
ed08724 :

ok

Customer: Taking forever
ed08724 :

how far are you from router?

Customer: 10 feet or less
ed08724 :

do you have anything working wireless

Customer: Not on this system
ed08724 :

ok lets reboot everything.

ed08724 :

To get back to this question just click on a link in one of the justanswer emails or come to justanswer.com and click the My Questions link in the top right corner of screen.

Customer: Ok
ed08724 :

I am going to first give you instructions on rebooting the modem/router

ed08724 :

Unplug the power to the cable/dsl modem.

Unplug the power cable to the router.

Wait 1 minute and plug the power cord back into the cable/dsl modem.

Wait 1 minute and plug the power to the router in.

ed08724 :

then reboot the ipad. Hold the ipad with the home button on the left

ed08724 :

press and hold in the home button, while holding it in press the sleep button on the upper left edge of the ipad. Hols both buttons in until the apple appears then release them both. Ignore the slide to power off screen

Customer: Everything rebooted. The ap loaded but it doesn't plau
ed08724 :

you did the reboot procedure on the ipad also

Customer: Yes
ed08724 :

on the main ipad screen tap settings, general, about.

ed08724 :

what is version

Customer: 4.2.1(8c148)
ed08724 :

what is available?

Customer: 12.6 gb
ed08724 :

tap video

ed08724 :

what is tv signal?

Customer: NTSC
ed08724 :

The version of software you are running is pretty old. You have 4.2.1 and I have 4.3.3. 4.3 and above have many improvements which will probably fix your problem. To upgrade to the latest version you must sync with iTunes on a computer.

Customer: I have to fire one up
Customer: Could my wireless router have issues? It is about 5 years old.
ed08724 :

its possible. I would do the update first as It is pretty much needed for other stuff as well

Customer: Ok I am going into I tunes
ed08724 :

it should prompt you for the update when the ipad is connected

Customer: 4.3.3
ed08724 :

yes thats whats on mine

Customer: Timed out getting to the site. How do I get it bacj
ed08724 :

close down itunes and restart it

Customer: Can't connect to the I pad server
ed08724 :

what is giving that error, iTunes?

Customer: Yes
ed08724 :

just means it is too busy at the time. Wait a while and keep trying

Customer: Taking way too much of your time. If you want to bail it's ok. I will get it downloaded
ed08724 :

just keep trying and if you need more assistance just reply back. The question stays open for a few days.

Customer: Thanks.
ed08724 :

you are welcome

Ed, Computer Tech
Experience: Computer repair shop partner