Ed
Ed, Computer Tech
Experience:  Computer repair shop partner

I want to direct my mail to Google from email.secureserver.net

Customer Question

I want to direct my mail to Google from email.secureserver.net webmail from GoDaddy.
How to do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ed replied 3 years ago.

ed08724 :

Hi my name is Ed and welcome to JustAnswer. Please reply back if a solution doesn't help immediately.

ed08724 :

do you ave a godaddy account and want to forward email. You still have to keep the godaddy account to do this.

Customer :

okay

ed08724 :

is that a yes

Customer :

yes

ed08724 :

and you want to forward it to a gmail account?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

or create a gmail account for it

ed08724 :

log into your godaddy account

Customer :

now?

ed08724 :

yes

ed08724 :

use a separate window

Customer :

okay wait for me

ed08724 :

ok

Customer :

I am at my account with GoDaddy

Customer :

i am at Go Daddy my account not the email sign in

Customer :

are you there?

ed08724 :

if we create a forwarding account you will not be able to access the email either via webmail or from your mac mail program. You will only be able to access it via the gmail account

Customer :

ok

ed08724 :

ok give me a minute to find it

Customer :

dont you need my address?

ed08724 :

no

Customer :

nurtured-by-nature.com

Customer :

email.secureserver.net.webmail

ed08724 :

are you looking to forward all email to all names at that domain or just sprcific email address

Customer :

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

ed08724 :

I can't see emails on here. it gave me XXX@XXXXX. Is that a specific address?

Customer :

the above is what I have

ed08724 :

it blocks email address on here. Are you trying to forward 1 email address at your domain or all address's

Customer :

FTP q2GsR6x!

Customer :

from Nurtured-by-Nature.com all email corespondence

ed08724 :

so email sent to any address at your domain you want forwarded

Customer :

yes!

ed08724 :

click My Accounts in left column

Customer :

in go daddy?

ed08724 :

yes

Customer :

k

Customer :

there

ed08724 :

in the center were it says free email account click the manage link to the right of it

Customer :

ok I am at my email

ed08724 :

how many different accounts under address

Customer :

just this one

ed08724 :

click forwarding accounts on left

Customer :

ok

ed08724 :

all the way to the right there should be a yellow/orange add button. Don't click it just make sure it is there

Customer :

no orange add button

ed08724 :

did you click the yellow/orange forwarding button in the left column

ed08724 :

fowarding plans button

Customer :

The forward icon will forward the specific email in my email account that is there now

ed08724 :

i think you went to far. You are supposed to be at the page called email control center

ed08724 :

on the left should be folders email plans, forwarding plans, unused plans

Customer :

yes I went to my email

ed08724 :

no

ed08724 :

click forwarding plans

Customer :

ok

Customer :

k I am there

ed08724 :

does it say you have forwarding accounts and can add one or what does it say

Customer :

it says I would need to purchase a forwarding account

ed08724 :

ok. we need to get the free one. go back to the my account page

Customer :

thanks!

ed08724 :

do you see the free email account in the center with a link above for email forwarding plans

Customer :

wait Let me check that out

Customer :

k

Customer :

To apply a free Email credit, click on the "Use Credit" link for the account type you want to activate.

Free Email with domain - Email - Personal (1GB Total/1Box)

Customer :

that's what it says

ed08724 :

click that

Customer :

k

Customer :

email account manage?

ed08724 :

you want to use the free credit for the email forwarding account

Customer :

do I click on manage?

Customer :

and how do I do that

ed08724 :

click manage

ed08724 :

then click unused plans

ed08724 :

then click unused forwarding

Customer :

It succeeded Now I have to set it up for Nurtured By Nature. Can you help with that?

ed08724 :

now click the forwarding plan on the left

ed08724 :

there should now be an button on the far right that say add to add a forwarding account. Do not click it

Customer :

Now I am lost

Customer :

I think I clicked on add a forwarding accout because that is what I thought you wanted me to do

Customer :

Help

Customer :

what happened?

Customer :

Can I undo the mistake?

ed08724 :

after you add the account you want to go back to the email control center where it shows forrwarding plans, email plans, unused plans

Customer :

k

ed08724 :

click forwarding plans

Customer :

I dont know how to find the page you are directing me to. Please please specific.

ed08724 :

I don't knwo where you are so find the my account lick, click that, then click manage next to your free email

Customer :

Free email address for nurtured by nature

Customer :

Unused Email Plans

Customer :

add button is there

ed08724 :

no

Customer :

This is not helpful

ed08724 :

email control center where it shows forrwarding plans, email plans, unused plans

ed08724 :

click forwarding plans

Customer :

k

Customer :

then what

ed08724 :

does that mean you see the forwarding pland and the add button

Customer :

yes

ed08724 :

it should say so many free of so many

ed08724 :

sorry used and available

Customer :

NURTURED-BY-NATURE.COM (rename) Email Forwarding - 100 Pack - Exp: 05/18/20120 Used / 100 AvailableAdd

Customer :

is that what you mean?

ed08724 :

ok now before we add the forwarding account we have to delete the email account. Click email plans on left, click your account and click the red x on the right to delete it

Customer :

Are you sure you want to remove the address XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX? Any messages still left on the mail server will be deleted

Customer :

this?

ed08724 :

yes. if there are any emails you should download them in you email program first. leave the window open though

Customer :

k

Customer :

done

Customer :

I deleted it

Customer :

now what?

ed08724 :

ok now click forwarding plans on the left click the add button to the right of that screen

Customer :

What is my identity at gmail. do I enter XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX?

ed08724 :

we cannot see email address on here they are blocked

ed08724 :

did you get a box that opened and said create forwarding address

Customer :

yes

ed08724 :

put the first part of your email address in the first box, the NURTURED-BY-NATURE.COM in the second box and your full gmail address in the third box. I see nothing about an identity

Customer :

that will do

ed08724 :

then click ok

ed08724 :

you are done. send an email to your NURTURED-BY-NATURE.COM email address and then check to make sure it is received in gmail

Customer :

dont I need to set up a gmail identity and password for XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

ed08724 :

don't you already have a gmail email address

Customer :

not for ruth@nurtured by nature.com

Customer :

that is what I am asking help for now

ed08724 :

you cannot have a gmail email address with that name. It has to b something at gmail.com

Customer :

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX?

Customer :

let's undo this.

ed08724 :

can't see that email address again but try to create it at the below link

Customer :

just undo this

ed08724 :

what. We just spent almost 2 hours on this and now you don't want to do it

Customer :

you were not helpful

Customer :

very poor communication skills

ed08724 :

you said you wanted to forward your email to gmail, I did that. You never stated until now you din't have a gmail account

Customer :

now I cannot use what you started just put it back

Customer :

$48 for very bad service!

Customer :

You set the playing field

Customer :

now we are fighting

ed08724 :

I have to leave a 5pm so I will opt out. Maybe another expert will be more helpful

Customer :

how is this helpful

Customer :

hello?

Customer :

help