Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Ipad screen has green lines going through it and the rest

Customer Question

My Ipad screen has green lines going through it and the rest of the screen is fuzzy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Try doing a Restore in iTunes. Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I do that?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Plug it into the computer open iTunes select the iPad on the left and on the right Restore.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I plugged in my IPAD to the computer opened iTunes but do not see where iPad is on the left
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You do not see iPad listed under Devices?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I put it into another port and it came up I will try the restore and see if that works.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That did not help. The screen is still green. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
In that case I would say it has hardware damage. Sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't dropped it or bumped it at all, does that just happen
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
It could but if there is no physical damage it should be covered under warranty. Do you have Applecare?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know I received it as a gift.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Is it less than a year old?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No 13 months
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Apple will have the sell date by your serial number it only has a one year warranty but you could have bought an Applcare warranty during that time which extends it to 3 years. Bad luck. It is still worth a try take it in and see what they say.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you I will. Have a good evening
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Good luck.