Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Hello, I have a website I built using iweb. Its official

Customer Question

I have a website I built using iweb. It's official address is http://web.mac.com/angelinafriskney/www.angelinafriskney.com/Home.html

However I purchased a domain name - www.angelinafriskney.com and have that pointing to the iweb address. This works on all browsers except Google Chrome. When I type in www.angelinafriskney.com to Google Chrome nothing happens. But when I type the official address in, it shows up. My question is why is my domain name not working on Google Chrome?

thanks,

Angelina
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
I have never used Chrome but it may be that if you take the long URL and use a URL shortener it may be a workaround.
Give that a look.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How does this ShortenURL work? I installed it and I can't seem to find it in my applications folder.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
It comes in as a zip, converts to a package and then when that is double clicked will open an installer.
Then (and this is where it gets tricky) open AutoMator in Applications.
Then once that is open select Application and in Recent items you will find it. I do apologize for that, I only found that today and was unaware it wasn't setup to stand alone yet.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
You are right that was not one of my best and I apologize for that. I am having some computer difficulty myself.
As for why Chrome will not cooperate I do not know other than it cannot work with where you want it to go.
The only thing I can suggest is try adding an s to http, that may or may not have an affect.
I have found another, easier to use app to do what the one I sent.
That is what I have, I will open this up to others and maybe they have better.