Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Hi Beboo, I cannot get my mac ical to sync with mobileme anymore.

Customer Question

Hi Beboo,
I cannot get my mac ical to sync with mobileme anymore. I was trying to upgrade to the new calendar, and everything has gotten really messed up. I haven't lost any data, but what do you suggest for a method of doing this upgrade. The last 3 times I tried to replace the mobileme data from my computer to mobile me, it just told me that my mobileme was not available at this time, and to try back later.

Should I switch to Google Calendar. I have an iphone, and another MacBookPro, but that other MacBook is in my country house, so I don't need to update it. Just my MacBookAir and my Iphone. Also, my Iphone has developed 300 calendars, by accumulating duplicates. Help Help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.

BeBoo :

Welcome back and thanks for requesting me.

BeBoo :

Is it just the calendar that won't sync?

Customer :

Yes

BeBoo :

Ok, please open iCal.

Customer :

Sorry. Also contacts gives me the message Contacts are Not Available At this Time. Only the mail syncs

BeBoo :

Use the iCal menu and choose Preferences.

BeBoo :

Click Accounts at the top.

Customer :

Ical is open

BeBoo :

Choose your MobileMe address in the list and click the minus (-) button below the list.

BeBoo :

Confirm you wish to remove it.

BeBoo :

Click the plus (+) button and type in your MobileMe username (email address) and password.

Customer :

I now see something called MarshaNormanDAV. Is that what you want me to eliminate?

Customer :

CalDav, I mean

BeBoo :

Yes

Customer :

So. Delete that, and add my mobileme username and password?

BeBoo :

yup

Customer :

Done. Now what.

BeBoo :

Is the calendar in sync now?

BeBoo :

Might need to choose the Sync Now option from the icon that looks like arrows in a circle in the menubar

Customer :

No, I didn't try to sync it. Should I reset sync data and try it again?

BeBoo :

Shouldn't need to reset sync data, however you can try.

Customer :

OK. Doing that now.

Customer :

Hey BeBoo,

Customer :

My mobileme still shows no calendar events or contacts.

BeBoo :

I am actually about to log off for the evening, can we pick this up in the morning? What time would you be available? We can do a remote control so I can see if i can get it working for you.

Customer :

OK BeBoo, that would be great. I'm going to sleep too. I'm available after about 9:30 in the morning, EST.

BeBoo :

Sounds good. I will speak with you then.