Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi just answer The format of my hotmail main page has gone

Hi just answer

The format of my hotmail main page has gone weird (maybe because I accidentally pressed a strange combo of keys).

If I press "reply", I can't see the string that preceded.

I can't scroll down and see more than the first page of inbox messages.

And the whole page just looks messy & scrambled and the font size is too big.

Is there any way I can return the look of my hotmail pages to the default layout/appearance, please? (I'm using a MacBook Air, if that's relevant.)

Thanks for even reading this.

Regards
Louise, Sydney
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Can you send me a screenshot?

To take a sceen shot hold down Shift and Command (?) and then hit the number 3, you will hear a click and the picture will be in Pictures or Desktop folder.

Or to take a selective sceen shot hold down Shift and Command (?) and the number 4, you will see a little crosshair drag it over the area you want to take a picture of and let go, and the picture will be in Pictures folder. Let me know when sent.

Go here with any web browser and sign in. Click on upload and choose your file? Let me know when completed.

http://momandpop.ws:8000

username: justanswer
password: macmedic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear XXXXX

Thanks for teaching me how to do a screenshot on this laptop; I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.

When I was playing with this new trick, I discovered that my hotmail page looks normal again, if I get to it via Safari instead of google chrome, so all is well.

The other valuable learning from this exercise is that I do not know how to use my new laptop, so I am going to go to the Apple shop for some remedial classes.

Many thanks.
Louise
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to ACCEPT, please, but can't figure out how.

Thanks again,

Louise
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You can Accept now, thank you. Also here are some great tutorials for your Mac:

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/