Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

Yahoo Mac email

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my Mac amil with my Yahoo eamil account but I keep geting the message 'Cannot send as I am, using the wromg server waht server ami using for for my yahoo email [email protected] and can ypui please give me some advice on how i can set up this eamil accountbon my mac without having to go through safari every time. Thanks Graeme Baxter

the message stated that the server

'' was not th ecorrect one and asks for verification of a server that does support SSL

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Just for clarification, do you have Free Yahoo! Mail or Yahoo! Plus Mail (Paid)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.

It's $19.99/year

You will need to sign up in order to use your Mail Client. Free Yahoo! does not allow POP or IMAP access.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IF I SIGN UP TO YAHOO PLUS MAIL CAN YOU GUIDE ME ON HOW TO SET UP MY MAC MAIL WHAT SERVER DO I USE INSTEAD OF I thought I was in the 30 say free trial I am still willing to pay for your advice if i am not
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
You will need to sign up first. I'm not sure about the trial, there may be an offer, but I cannot guarantee it.

Here is a good step-by-step for Yahoo on Mac Mail:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have now subscribed to Pop Mail for $20 and am following the instructions on but it says that I already have a yahoo account and will not let me edit the details how can I delete this account and start the installation again?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
This walkthrough should assist you with removing the existing Yahoo! setup in Mac Mail : (subsitute Yahoo! for the Earthlink shown in the example).