Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Since I installed Snow Leopard on my Mac, I have been having

Customer Question

Since I installed Snow Leopard on my Mac, I have been having nothing but trouble with WORD (within OFFICE). It seems to have a "mind of its own', juggling and/or eliminating entries and not providing a side scrolling mechanism. Is there an update or other fix I can download? Or what?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
To begin with a little maintenance will probably go a long way.
I suggest starting with repairing the permissions, Repairing Permissions.
This is something that should be done before and after any Apple software is installed or updated.
After that I suggest a pram reset.
To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.

If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.
Let me know if that makes any difference, as I said this is basic maintenance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your answer didn't help any. I solved the problem myself. I don't "Accept Answer".
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.