MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

My screen is black, but when I plug my iphone up to sync it

Customer Question

My screen is black, but when I plug my iphone up to sync it it shows full power. How do I get my screen to turn on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

What you can do, in order to resolve this issue, is start by resetting your iPhone
(Note: this does not remove any settings, data or media you have installed in your device)
• To perform a hard reset, press and hold your Sleep and Home Menu buttons for approximately 10 seconds.

• Once your screen goes black, release both keys. (If you see a white Apple logo before you release the keys you have held the keys to long and will need to start the reset process once again)

• The next screens you should see after the black screen, is the Apple logo screen followed by the main screen.

Hopefully this will get your iPhone back up to normal functionality.

Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

If you have not achieved the desired resolution with this answer for any reason, please update me as necessary, with details of what you experienced.

This will allow me to continue working to resolve this technical issue for you.

I will be watching for your next reply.