Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Please help. I am a business customer and own a new iPad 2.

Customer Question

Please help. I am a business customer and own a new iPad 2. Today I synched the iPad with a Dell laptop running Professional. I came back to the pad a minute ago, and now it shows an Apple logo with a blank line box underneath it, which I assume means trouble. I have tried the command button at bottom, then attempted to force a close with the Power switch. I can't access it at all. It is currently unplugged from the computer. What can I do to shut it down and regain my desktop? thanks--

Greg Perczak (NNN) NNN-NNNN
purchased at Oak Brook, IL Apple Store
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Basically the iPad is saying that it needs to be connected to iTunes and then restored.

So can you connect your iPad to your computer and allow iTunes to open then select the device from the left hand side menu and you should then see the option on the right hand side to restore your device, If you can select that and then iTunes will reload the latest software onto your device and automatically restart it and then sync your library back to it so that if there was any corruption in the software it will then be fixed.

Let me know if that does not work.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Look, I want to get this fixed so that I can accept an answer, but I'm not going to keep paying for information which should be covered under the unlimited warranty and service plan I already purchased when I bought this machine. I will not authorize payment until we get this resolved. I hope you can supply a solution, because I'd like to do that.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Have you tried the solution I posted?

Also I just wanat to let you know that we are and are an independent expert answer site, We are no way affiliated with any manufacturer or supplier although we have factory trained experts in every field.