Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

forgot my password XXXXX my ipod and dont have the same computer

Customer Question

forgot my password XXXXX my ipod and don't have the same computer to reset it
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean
the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What model of iPod are you using?
• What version of iTunes do you have installed?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not exactly sure how to unlock my ipod touch because i forgot the password. I got a new computer and don't have the original computer it was downloaded on. When i connected it to my computer, it wouldnt let me do anything.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

If you don't have the original computer with the original iTunes library that the iPod was last synced to, the only way to get the iPod back to a usable state is to do a DFU restore. This is a restore that bypasses any passcode lock but will wipe the iPod entirely.

Since you do not have access to the original computer and do not know the passcode, there is no other option to get your iPod back to being able to be used.

First, connect your iPod Touch to your PC/Mac via the USB cable. Then try holding the Home and Power buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds (or until the Apple logo appears). When the Apple logo appears, released the two buttons and allow it to boot.

If you never see the Apple logo or the Apple logo stays for more than five minutes, you will need to try a DFU Restore.

This will wipe your iPod Touch completely, but it is the only sure way to get your iPod Touch working again (unless there is hardware damage).

With your iPod Touch plugged in to your PC/Mac, hold the Home and Power until your iPod Touch powers down, continue holding Home and Power for a full 4 seconds.

If you are having trouble with this, please refer to the video below for assistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzql8ZkqdD4

Release the Power while still holding the Home key until iTunes tells you the iPod Touch is in recovery (your iPod Touch screen will be black, but it is on) and then doing the restore to latest firmware.

After the restore, when prompted, do not restore from backup. You want to setup a new iPod Touch.

From there, you will need to sync your music, video, apps from your iTunes on your new computer.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
I am going to Opt Out as one of my fellow Mac Experts, Mr. Clark can further assist you.

Thanks for visiting JustAnswer.com to ask your Mac question!

Regards,

-Mactechtrainer
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.