Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I have a list of emails that I want to separate with semi colons

I have a list of emails that I want to separate with semi colons so they can be entered as separate emails. The list noe all enters as one email and of course is rejected
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 years ago.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

When you enter multiple emails, you need to separate them with commas and not semicolons.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Please, do not forget to click the Accept button if you found my answer helpful.

After you click the Accept button now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Customer:

Ok, but I have a list of about 1000 people. How can I place a comma all at one timed ,not by adding a comma after each person which would take we hours

Mac Extraordinaire :

The number of emails that are allowed to be sent at one time are limited by your email service.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Who is your email provider?

Customer:

gmail

Mac Extraordinaire :

As far as Gmail goes, you are limited to sending an email to only 500 people a day.

Mac Extraordinaire :

If you are using an external email application, you may be limited to 100 recipients at a time for each email.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Your account will be temporary disabled if you try and send such a large amount of emails.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Please, take a look at Gmail's explanation of this at the following website: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22839

Mac Extraordinaire :

Mac Extraordinaire :

Thank you.