Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a samsung CLX-3170 printer/fax/copier. I had an error

I have a samsung CLX-3170 printer/fax/copier. I had an error message to replace the imaging unit, which I did. I keep getting a message, "replace imaging unit" even though I have already replaced it. It will not print. What is the next step in the troubleshooting process?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
There is an imaging unit counter that may have to be reset, but first take it back out and make sure it is in properly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already taken it out and put the imaging unit back in 3 or 4 times without any change in the message light which says "replace imaging unit" How do you reset the image counter?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Go here to get the manual if you don‘t already have it:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200910/20091026132451875/Guide_EN.pdf

first try unplugging the printer from power for a few minutes if that does not work on page 44 Clearing Memory first try clearing System Setup if that does not work try clearing All settings
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had already tried unplugging it 2 or 3 times and it does not reset the warning light. I cleared all the memory as described on page 64 of the manual. The printer still will not work, nor will the Replace Image unit light go out. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No sorry that is all I’ve got I will opt out.