Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

hi. just opened a gmail account and wish to have all my mail

hi. just opened a gmail account and wish to have all my mail forwarded from my yahoo account. all the old stuff was forwarded but today's mail is not coming through and I thought it was supposed to forward immediately after reaching my yahoo mailbox. i work on both Macs (safari) and PCs (mozilla). what should i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Are both accounts still open? Can you get into both using a web browser?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both accounts are still open and I can get into either one.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Where did you setup the forward?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I followed the gmail prompts and checked the box that offers that service. so it imported all my emails up to yesterday, Apr 30th, but nothing is coming through today.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure you did not just transfer your mail? You need to go to Accounts and Import in Gmail settings to set it up. Did you just Import Mail & Contacts or did you Add POP3 email account? Please look here:

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
mike, i am very short for time. i did not add pop3...should I...didn't tell me to do that anywhere. will that solve the problem? please respond quickly...husband looking to go...
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Yes you have to add POP account not just Import. Import is a one time thing.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay, i:ll add that....can i get back to you if it doesn't work?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Yes