Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I would like to change my apple id. I can add a new one but

Customer Question

I would like to change my apple id. I can add a new one but can't get rid of the old one permanently
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

You mean you want to delete your old apple id from itunes and don't want to use it anymore?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I received another email from apple styles. Will I need to delete old email from each subscription in my Apple account too?
Let's try this. Go to

http://myinfo.apple.com

There, click on manage my account. Sign in with your old email id and password. Now you will see your old email address listed under "apple id and primary email address". click on edit next to it. Change it to a different email address (I think you will have to enter a nonexisting apple id there). Then click on save changes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The new email address came up. Should I put in old email??
no.

did not you use the old email id to sign in? you should login using your old email id and the password. Sign out of your new email id and sign in using the old one.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I only see my new email when I open manage my accounts. Could it have corrected itself??
are you not able to type your old email address there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I can type it there. I will try your suggestion now by typing in old email in that space
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when I type in my new email it says it's already in use. That is why I am trying to totally delete old email and not change it to my new one that already exists
You will have to click on edit next to the old email address listed there and replace it with your email address. But that replacement email address should not be an existing apple id. So you will have to type in a different email address there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But then I will have another apple id account that I will not be able to remove right?
That is correct. you will have to do the same process to remove an apple id.

If you don't want that, then you will have to email itunes store to remove your old email address. It would take around 24-48 hours for a reply on them depending on the traffic

You can email them through www.apple.com/support/itunes