robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
35592706

I am getting bad messages from a text free ipod number, how

Customer Question

I am getting bad messages from a text free ipod number, how can I trace it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm afraid the only people that can help trace that if it came from a phone is the phone company, otherwise, people can send untraceable free texts from the internet very easily. You might be able to track down the IP address of the internet connection that sent it, but that could easily be a library, or a laptop from anywhere. Also, getting that IP address would require contacting the phone company.

Let me know if I can add anymore detail or you have other questions. I'm glad to follow up.
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience: 2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Robert,
Thanks for giving an answer, I forgot I asked it was this morning. Any chance you could adjust the fee given the circumstance? I thought for that price there would be a way I could trace it but since it is a no go I was thinking the price should be less. Thanks for considering. Brigitt
Hi Brigitt, I'm afraid I have no control over the price, I'm just an expert here and I saw your question and that no one was jumping in to give you advice.

You can choose not to accept the answer, and I totally understand.

Honestly, I just didn't want the question to keep lingering and no one get back to you!

Totally up to you, and thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX accept the answer and bring it up to the justanswer people.
Thanks, happy computing and have a great week!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have asked the justanswer people for the refund and they said it would be up to you. I was thinking half the price would be ok, what do you think? I do appreciate your time and response when no one else did all day. Thanks and you have a great week too!!
Thanks, I am submitted the question for a refund and asked the administrators if they can only keep half.

I don't have any "controls" to do this...just a submit refund button.

Hope it works!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks! where do I go leave the positive feedback?
you should receive an e-mail about it, not here.