Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My daughter sends me videos of my grandchildren. I switched

Customer Question

My daughter sends me videos of my grandchildren. I switched to Beta mail and can no longer receive them. What can I do to fix it or go back to the regular mail system.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Is that Yahoo mail? Try Firefox browser instead. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is Yahoo mail. But I don't know how to get to Firefox.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I sent you the link. Here is it again:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am clearly not very experienced. I have installed Firefox, but am confused about getting to it and utilizing it. All I want to be able to do is download the videos my daughter sends me from her blackberry.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Go to Applications folder, find Firefox and drag it to your Dock. Then double click it to open Firefox and go to yahoo.com to access your mail same as you would using Safari.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've done that and I get the same result. The email videos don't open or download. Is there a way I can get rid of Yahoo beta and go back to the old program?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sign in to Yahoo and on the upper right go Options then to Mail Classic to switch back to the old version.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no options button on the upper right. There's one on the left, but that just gives me options for the new mail. Maybe there's something wrong with my computer or with Yahoo. I'm going to try to get in touch with yahoo. Sorry, but this wasn't helpful
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
That is the problem with free email no support. Please look at the picture below, options is very small on the upper right of your screen:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My screen does not look like yours. There is no options menu like yours. Let's just make this all final so I can stop worrying about wasting your time. Thank you for trying
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK but we can fix this. If you still want to try come back if not good luck.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I suggest your daughter puts videos on YouTube instead of emailing them.