Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My Ipod will not play and displays Ipod support website. I

Customer Question

My Ipod will not play and displays Ipod support website. I was having trouble with the wheel recently. Iwould work sometimes and not othertimes
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Does iTunes recognize it when you connect your iPod ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
same message comes up and it makes a slight clicking noise. it now says do not disconnect but I don't see it in my finder or Itunes
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can force-reset your iPod to get out of the "Do not Disconnect" message.

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Let me know if that didn't worked..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did disconnect, apple logo displayed. I disconnected it physically. After the whole thing was off, I turned it back on, still got the message about the website but this time with a picture of the Ipod.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Connect your iPod to your computer, open iTunes. Select your iPod under Devices list, then click the Restore button. Let me know how it goes..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where is the Devices list?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
It is on the iTunes on your computer, in left column under Movies, Apps etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no devices there
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Did you connected your iPod to your computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes but it doesn't say 'do not disconnect' anymore just shows picture of battery charging (it is almost fully charged) still making a clicking noise though
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can put your iPod to Disk Mode and then restore it.

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here
  4. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will change and say "Do not disconnect"
  5. Select your iPod in left, under Devices. Click on the Summary tab and click Restore.
  6. This should restore your iPod. Once you restore it, resync your iPod.

Let me know if that worked or not...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, apple logo appeared but the same web site message appears (with a little sad face on the Ipod pictured there) when I press the select and the play/pause buttons
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Can you try a different USB Cable ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I only have one apple connector/USB cable. I have tried a different port though
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Do you have another computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, but not an apple and not with current Itunes. This one is fine in all other aspects. I think something is phisically wrong with the Ipod itself, (clicking noise, volume wheel not always responding lately or unable to turn off (just once)
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Clicking noise..hmm. Sounds like a hard disk problem. Can you try to restore your iPod from the other computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why try another computer? This is the only Apple computer I have and is much better at dealing with Apple/like problems than my old Windows XP one
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I understand. Just restore it from other computer and see if it works or not. If it worked, then you can restore from your Mac.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the other computer doesn't see it either. I will take it to the Apple store tomorrow.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
It seems like it fried. I'm sorry i couldn't solve your problem...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
me too, not your fault
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
ok