Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My problem with previously deleted emails only gets worse.

My problem with previously deleted emails only gets worse. Yesterday 4/30 I had 949 items in my All Mail Gmail box (obviously deleted long ago and many times). This morning 5/1, I have 974 in the same mailbox. I'm despairing of ever having deleted mail really erased forever.
The All Mail folder includes everything in every folder including the trash. To completly erase the deleted messages:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike - I have deleted each message and figured out how to delete all from TRASH successfully with two-finger drop-dow menu. All the other instructions make no sense to me and I can't figure out how to keep that damn incoming mail message from recurring every few hours. Granted, this is especially dispiriting because I'm a brand-new Apple owner (my MacBook is actually my first computer). Can I surrender my email content to you so you can see everything?
Are you using Apple Mail? The instructions are for doing it on the web version.