Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

We just got the ipod touch 4 and are having a hard time connecting

We just got the ipod touch 4 and are having a hard time connecting with wi-fi. It seems we have to be sitting in front of the router for it to find our network. The laptop and tv pick up the wi-fi with no problem all over the house. Is there a problem with the itouch or is there something we can do to improve the connections?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

When you go to settings > wifi. Doesn't it show up your network there?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, but only if we are sitting right in front of the router.
Let's try this. Turn off your router, laptop, ipod, tv and every device that is connected to the router.

wait for 2 minutes and turn on your router. After another 1 minute, turn on your ipod and try to connect to wifi

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still only works when sitting in front of the router.
That is strange. Since your laptop and the tv work fine with the same router, I don't think there should be a problem with that router.

Let's try this step. Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still doesn't work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I didn't mean to click on Accept Answer.
I think you have accidentally clicked on accept. But don't worry, you can go for a refund if your issue is not resolved.

Still you get the same error message or a different one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still doesn't pick up any wireless network and won't sign on to ours.
I think it might be the ipod problem. I would suggest you to restore the ipod to factory settings and then set it up as a new ipod.

If that too does not work, you may take it to an apple store/starbucks nearby where you have access to the free wifi. Try connecting to their network. If you are taking it to an apple store, they can diagnose the device and if they have stocks available, they can also replace your ipod if it has defects.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
No problem...:)
you have a wonderful day..
and since you did accept accidentally, you can go for a refund by emailing info@justanswer.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your time...you've given me ideas of what to do when things don't work in the future!
:)

Alternately, you can also call apple care 1-800-2752273 (8AM to 8 PM CST) if you don't have an apple store nearby