Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8I opened my mail and clicked

Customer Question

I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8

I opened my mail and clicked on one to view it, and when I did I lost all of my inbox. I cannot find it anywhere. It shows the sent and the trash mail, but nowhere is my inbox. I checked to see if it had gone to the sent or trash and it had not. Please help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Who is your email provider?

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.