Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

cant get my new canon mg8150 working on my iMac, on the PC

Customer Question

cant get my new canon mg8150 working on my iMac, on the PC it works great, what can i do to get it working ??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there. Are you in the USA I don‘t see that printer on the USA website?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mac os x, version 10.6.7
Memory 4 GB, 1067 MHz DDR3.

No I am not in the us, but in Denmark ....

Rgds, Niels.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Even with new drivers I am not able use/printer scanner either with wifi or USB connection, the software stinks on MC, PC works great. Let stop for now this is going to go anywhere ..
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK I was not finished don‘t give up so easily. Then go to System Preferecnes / Print & Fax is the printer listed? If it is delete it and then add it back if is not there try to add it. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mike, i Have tried that several time for both USB and the wifi connection, mostly i get this message:

Error Number : 306 A communication error has occurred. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer. Then try printing again.

Niels
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Try unpluggin the printer from power for a few minutes then try again.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If that does not work I suggest resetting the printing system:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.6/en/14001.html
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Mike, found the fault, wifi software does not work, that was one reason, the other one was that the USB cable i had used for another printer did not work on the canon, to long i think. Anyway thanks for you patiance with me,

Niels.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK good luck. WiFi should work on the Mac, though.