Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

What happens when my iPhone 3g screen is black.Everything is

Customer Question

What happens when my iPhone 3g screen is black.Everything is still functioning. If I put it under light I can sort of see screen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

How long have you been facing this issue? Do you remember of any recent changes made to the phone?

Thank You
Vinod
Try a reset first anyway. Press and hold the power button and the home button (button below the screen) together until you see an apple logo.

Let's see whether that solves the issue.

If that does not work, and if you can somehow see the screen, try going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings.

If that too does not work, then you will have to restore the iphone to factory settings and set it up as a new phone

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm very sorry , I am new to this site!! I appreciate your time & effort anyways! I reset all settings & nothing changed. So I have just set it back to factory settings.It's going to take a little bit of time I guess. I no longer use this phone, but was wanting to see if It could be repaired or not...I'm hoping so, but if not that's okay too! I can see through the black screen but it's very hard!! Everything else is still functioning great!! I cannot recall anything happening to it before it went like this, although I do remember that it did this once for a day or so, then it actually came back for a few days before it stayed this way! It's been awhile!! Thank- you for your help, Vinod!! :-)
Sorry for the late reply...

If the restore too does not help, then you need a repair/replacement for the phone. If the phone is under warranty, you can either take it to an apple store or call apple tech support 1-800-2752273 to set it up for replacement.

If it is under warranty, then you will get a free replacement. If it is not, then you need to pay the replacement fee.