Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have upgraded to imovie 11 and now my old HD movies have

I have upgraded to imovie 11 and now my old HD movies have been removed and appear no longer acessible. I can still find their icons in my system, but there ARE NO projects in Either "events or Projects Folders. How to I restore (Recapture) these files and import them into Imovie 11? Incidentally , when I call up the old iMovie HD projects the app does not work. All the options are greyed out. It is as if the two systems are conflicting w/ each other. Help! this is 10 years of my life.. and I am getting to the point of despair. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Go to Users > [your account] > Library > Preferences

Find this file:
com.apple.iMovieApp.plist

Move it out of the Preferences folder.

Launch iMovie. It should rebuild the Events Library, iPhoto thumbnails, etcs. And your Projects will return.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Did that work?