Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

My ipod wont turn on

My ipod wont turn on
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

What iPod to you have (iPod models)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ipod touch 3rd gen
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
First, connect your iPod Touch to your PC/Mac via the USB cable. Then try holding the Home and Power buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds (or until the Apple logo appears). When the Apple logo appears, released the two buttons and allow it to boot.

If you never see the Apple logo or the Apple logo stays for more than five minutes, you will need to try a DFU Restore.

This will wipe your iPod Touch completely, but it is the only sure way to get your iPod Touch working again (unless there is hardware damage).

With your iPod Touch plugged in to your PC/Mac, hold the Home and Power until your iPod Touch powers down, continue holding Home and Power for a full 4 seconds.

If you are having trouble with this, please refer to the video below for assistance.

Release the Power while still holding the Home key until iTunes tells you the iPod Touch is in recovery (your iPod Touch screen will be black, but it is on) and then doing the restore to latest firmware.

After the restore, when prompted, do not restore from backup. You want to setup a new iPod Touch. From there, resync your contacts, calendars, music, and apps.

If you have completed this and still cannot get the device powered on, you have verified that the issue is a hardware defect. There is no other option but to have the device serviced, repaired, and/or replaced.

You will need to take it to your nearest Apple Store Genius Bar ( to get it repaired/replaced.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.