Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

I cannot send any mail from my macbook pro. I can receive my

Customer Question

I cannot send any mail from my macbook pro. I can receive my mail fine. I've tried various applications such as Mail and Entourage. All my settings are correct! Please help - it seems like a mac/system problem
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please let me know the part of your email address after your '@' symbol (like gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc, etc). Please do not give me the whole email address as the system will hide it for your privacy.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
bigpond.com
Thank you!. Please check that all your settings are the same found on the next link.

Click here -----> http://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20297/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzA0MjE3NTQ5L3NpZC9fV2lROFFzaw%3D%3D

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry have already done this. As mentioned all my settings are correct - hence why I am seeking expert advice. As mentioned I receive mail fine. When you hit send no errors come up for ages - it just looks like it is sending with no luck. Eventually it says "cannot connect to server".
Can I enter to your computer to check it? Please let me know so I can give you the link. But first please try the following:

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded. (sometimes it's fast, other times it can take a while, like 10 or 15 minutes)

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I HELD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY AND NEVER RECEIVED THE SAFE BOOT LOGIN. ONLY THE APPLE SYMBOL CAME UP AND THEN JUST SAT THERE DOING NOTHING. SO I HAD TO HOLD DOWN THE ON/OFF BUTTON TO SWITH THE MACHINE OFF AND BACK ON AGAIN. NO CHANGE TO ME PROBLEM. IS THERE A PROBLEM THAT THE SAFE BOOT DIDN'T COME UP?
It should come up. Please try again and if you see a progress bar on the bottom, then the safe mode is loading. When you see the progress bar, then you can release the shift key and wait until the login screen appears. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
IT DIDN'T SHOW ME A PROGRESS BAR SO I LET GO OF THE SHIFT KEY - ANYHOW WHEN THE LOGIN BOX POPPED UP IT DID SAY I WAS IN SAFE MODE. SO THAT'S GOOD. I NOTICED MY AIRPORT BOX WAS OFFLINE! I THEN RESTARTED THE MACHINE AND STILL NO LUCK! VERY PUZZLING.
OK, can I access your computer? You will see all my actions on the screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
OK, please click here to start the remote session http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=011327f2-659e-4b53-b8d0-1aaad6af5f84&SUPPORT=OSX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ready!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
anymore thoughts John?
Hello. I am sorry but I am out of ideas :-( I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. Thanks for your help. It certainly is a very strange problem. Thanks anyway.
You are very welcome! Have you called BigPond customer support?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not as yet, Bigpond here I find aren't too helpful but I certainly will give them a try. If I wasn't receiving my mail then I would be pretty sure it was a basic settings problem but as it's only my outgoing mail, hence the concern.
Yes, they may block the server to send messages, some ISP have to enable them first for your account, but I don't know how BigPond works. You can email them also from here -----> http://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigpond.cfg/php/custom/forms/ask.php?p_type=technical

Or call them at 133 933

Opening hours

24 hours a day, 365 days a year