Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

need help installing operation disk

Customer Question

need help installing operation disk
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Could you please explain the issue a little bit more? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have a disk sent by apple to install operations system and would like you to assist me.
OK, what version? Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, etc? And do you want to reinstall it on your Mac?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tiger

OK. Why do you want to reinstall it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I SCREWED UP MY COMPUTER AND NEED TO REINSTALL DISK
OK, last question: do you want a new install? you will lose all your documents... OR do you want to repair the current installation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I INSTALLED IT A MONTH AND HALF AGO, BUT WAS DOWNLOADING STUFF AND SHOULD HAVE NOT DONE THAT. SO NEED TO INSTALL DISK. TO GET COMPUTER BACK TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE I SCREWED IT ALL UP. I HAVE DISK READY TO INSTALL BUT NEED ASSISTANCE ON THE INSTALLING PROCEDURE.
OK. Please follow the steps below:

1- Insert the Mac OS X disk into the Mac

2- Restart the computer holding the C key until you see the Apple Logo

3- If prompted, select the Mac OS X disk

4- Select English, then click the Utilities menu, then click "Disk Utility", then select Macintosh HD, then click "Verify Disk". DO NOT INSTALL TIGER, just follow the steps from the Utilities menu.

5-
If the Verify Disk was not good, then click "Repair Disk"
If the Verify Disk was good (no errors) please click "Repair Permissions"

6- Then restart the computer again. Click the first menu, then click Exit or Quit.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) ( Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci