MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I cant open my yahoo email. The Yahoo mail page opens but

Customer Question

I can't open my yahoo email. The Yahoo mail page opens but when i click on the inbox, sent mail, stuff etc. buttons, none of thesewill open. I can't compose new email either. I have this problem using either safari or firefox.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• This process applies to both Safari and Firefox:

• From your desktop, click anywhere on a blank space on your desktop. Now you should see Finder listed near the Apple menu icon.

• From the Finder menu, click on Go, then Home from the drop-down menu. This will take you to your Home folder.

• Locate and open the Library folder

• Within Library folder look for the Preferences folder and open it.

• Locate and remove to the Trash, these files:
com.apple.Safari.plist
org.mozilla.firefox.plist

Once you have removed these files, then click the back button on your open Finder window. This will return you to the Library view.

• Locate and Trash the folder entitled Caches

Once you have done that, close all windows, click on the Apple menu icon located in the upper left corner of your screen and select Logout <username>, so you can log out of your user account.

*Once you are logged out, simply log back in. This actions will restore all the files and folders you just trashed, with new copies of each of them.

*Now attempt to access your Yahoo! account via Safari or Firefox again.

Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

If you have not achieved the desired resolution with this answer for any reason, please update me as necessary, with details of what you experienced.

This will allow me to continue working to resolve this technical issue for you.

I will be watching for your next reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried all your suggestions but I still cannot open my inbox in yahoo
Thanks for your update.

Now just so I know, you are having issues with accessing your Yahoo! email from your Safari and Firefox browsers on your Mac only, is this correct?

-Terry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I can access Yahoo email on a different Pc. I can also access email using the "Mail" application on the mac.
Thanks for updating me on that information.

As it stands one of the problems with Safari and Firefox with Yahoo! emails with Macs, is if the Mac is on a network with a Firewall or if your Firewall is set as active in System Preferences of your Mac.
Can you tell me what version of Mac OS X* you have installed as well as if you do have a firewall active on your Mac or within your network?

(* If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

I will be looking forward to your reply.

Thanks for your patience with my questions, as I working as well as I can to figure out what is going on with your Yahoo! email with the web browsers.

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I solved the problem by downloading Google Chrome. This browser fixes the problem. Thanks, antway.
No worries, I am glad your issue has been resolved using Google Chrome. At least you can now use your Yahoo! email like you want to.

In regards to getting a refund for your initial deposit for this question:

As a MacExperts, we cannot personally process a request for a refund of your deposit or payment. However, I can definitely provide the information you need to expedite your request.

All you need to do is contact JustAnswer Customer Service via email;
info@justanswer.com

I hope this helps and I do appreciate you allowing us to attempt to assist you with your question.

Please be sure to visit us again if you have another Mac technical issue you require assistance with.

Best Regards,

-Terry
("Mactechtrainer")