Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

How do i email one song form my iTunes Library to someone

How do i email one song form my iTunes Library to someone?

HI,

Can you tell us if the song you wish to send was purchased from iTunes or did it come from another source like a CD or download from elsewhere?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm pretty sure it came from another source.

I just checked my 'purchased' list, but it only shows the ones I happened to purchase tonight.

Ok,

The reason I ask is that all music purchased through iTunes is protected so if you send it to someone they will not be able to play it.

If the track you wish to send came from a source other than iTunes then what you will need to do is grab the file directly from your iTunes Music folder and then attatch it to an email as iTunes was not designed to allow for the sharing of music outside of your own network.

If you could open a finder window and then click your home folder (your username) and then open Music then open the iTunes folder.

If you could then locate the album or track that you wish to send and simply attatch it to an email and send it to the person you wish to receive it.

If you have any issues please let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, Eric. I'll try it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How about another question since I'm in itunes and I haven't been there in a long time.

I'd like to clean up my iPod Touch. How do I get rid of two on-the-go playlists?

thanks,
Holly

Ok Holly,

If you plug the iPod into your computer it shoudl appear on the left hand side of the iTunes window.

When it appears can you click it to highlight it and then look for the small arrow next to it and give it a click and you should then see the group contents of your iPod listed, If you then click the On the Go playlists you should be able to see your playlist, If you just highlight it and then hit Delete.

Please let em know if you need mroe info or have more questions

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, I believe I tried that. I thought that was all there was to it. However, when I went up to 'Delete' , under Edit, it wasn't dark colored, so I couldn't remove the playlist.

I have my iPod plugged into my computer and the list of on the go playlists is right there on the left.

Any idea why Delete isn't active?

Holly

Ok,

When you clicked the playlist folder do you see the playlists you wish to remove and if so can you click the playlist then hit the delete key or FN+Del?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an Apple laptop so I don't have FN. However, when i highlight the on the go playlist and hit the delete key on the laptop, it doesn't delete! I also tried 'select all' then tried to delete w the delete key and it still wouldn't delete.

Ok,

Cna you click the music option at the top left of your itunes window and then look for playlists and then select the on the go playlist and then try deleting it,

Once deleted can you then sync your iPod and it should then remove the playlist from it.

If you woudl try that and let em know what happens

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK! Whew! That did work. I had actually deleted the playlist from the music in iTunes, but the iPod was still connected. Once I disconnected it then re-connected, the deleted playlist was finally deleted from the iPod.

Thank you so much!

Holly

You are more than welcome Holly.

If you need anything else please let me know

Thanks