Mike, Mac Maestro
Experience:  Apple Consultants Network, Apple Certified
50721714

I have a older HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 hooked up to the airport.

Customer Question

I have a older HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 hooked up to the airport. Now I want to install the printer, but the system cannot find it. Could you help me.
Thanks
Peter
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Mike :

Hi - I'm happy to help with your Mac issue. Please remember to Accept when we are completely finished and you are satisfied with my answer.

Mike :

You need to install the printer first by connecting directly to your USB port. The drivers will then be available when you unplug it, and reconnect back to the Airport. Delete the USB connection and add the Airport connection in the set-up printers config and you should be OK.

Customer:

Thanks very much. It's working now.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Thanks - glad I could help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, that I have to come back. The printer was working. As soon as I restarted, the printer was offline. I have than used HP setup again and now device has shown up. I clicked on no, device shown up and than L7780 showed up. I pressed continue and than the message did show up Error 30886

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I suggest that you disconnect the printer and remove the printer set-up from your printer list. Make sure you have the correct drivers downloaded from hp.com - do not use the CD. Install the hp drivers downloaded from the web site. Add the printer while connected to the USB on the Mac. After this is done, unplug the printer from the computer and plug it into the Airport. Check in Airport Express that its being shared. Open the printer setup again and try add printer again. This time it should appear as a bonjour device - add it. Then delete the previous USB connection.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mac

It still doesn't work with the airport. I decided to leave it on USB and there its working and I can share the printer. It's certainly not the right solution, but so what.

Thanks for your help and best regards

Peter