Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

iPAD HAS GONE INTO A BLACK SCREEN MODE , with configeration

Customer Question

iPAD HAS GONE INTO A BLACK SCREEN MODE , with configeration of its plug in & iTUNES connecion ... But not responding . Windows computer says to unplug synk to itunes and let it reconfigure , but no responce ; just black screen on ipad when its unpluged What to do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please reset the iPad. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Remember when you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Let me know if that worked, please.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ipad SCREEN COMES ON MOMENTARLY Apple enignia appeas for three seconds , then ''plug in diagrame & ITunes ensignia is pictured , signifying plug into itunes but screen goes back to ''Black Screen Mode'' Have tried three times with same results ... What to do ?
OK, then you will need to restore the iPad, but any information that is not backed up may be lost. However all your apps and songs bought from iTunes and the Apple Store will be downloaded again without problems. Please follow the steps below:

1- Plug the iPad to your computer

2- Open iTunes (on your computer)

3- The iPad icon is going to appear under "Devices" on the left. Click it

4- Now you will have a "Restore" button on the middle of the screen. Click it!

5- The restore will start. When prompted select your newest backup file.

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci