Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I own a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. I just purchased

I own a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. I just purchased the Shure microphone/USB adapter X2u. I'm trying to find out if they are compatible. The software driver says that it is only compatible with 10.4. Does this mean that I don't need a software driver what does this mean that this device is not compatible with Snow Leopard?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

The driver for your Mic to USB adapter is included in OSX 10.5.5 and above so you do not have to load any additional software, All you should have to do is connect the adapter and then open a program like Garageband then select the Sure adapter as your audio source.

To make sure the adapter is recognised can you cliak the apple icon then click system preferences adn then open Sound, When it opens can you then click teh Input tab and you should then be able to see and select your USB input and then test and adjust the input level.

If you would try that and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks