Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Hi there I bought my iPad duty free in luton airport as I was

Hi there I bought my iPad duty free in luton airport as I was flying home to Israel. When I registered it I put Israel and think I should have put UK how do I change it as have problems downloading

Can you clarify what you mean by the Desktop tries to take the iPad back to factory settings when you connect it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What I mean is that whenever I connect to my desktop computer and try download stuff from iTunes it let's me know there is a fault or error and it tries to take me back to restore and then gets stuck half way. I thought maybe it is because I registered this iPod in Israel not UK where I bought it

The registration will have nothing to do with the restore hanging up, the worst it would do is block you from some apps because of your location, So can you tell me if you are connecting to a Mac or PC and can you tell me if you get an error when restoring the iPad?

Can you also tell me if you are connecting the iPad directly to the machine or if you are using a USB hub?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am connecting to an ordinary computer that I bought in Australia and using a USB I bought with iPad

Can you tell me what version of windows is on the machine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Windows XP

In that case can you click start then control Panel and then can you select the Add/Remove Hardware option then locate Apple Mobile Device Support and right click it then choose remove.

Once it is removed can you then open your My documents folder then open Music and open the iTunes folder.

From there can you right click on the iTunes music folder and choose copy then close the window and right click on an empty part of your desktop and choose Paste so that we have a copy of your iTunes library on the desktop.

Once that is done can you click Start then control panel and open Programs, Find iTunes in the list and give it a single click to highlight it then choose remove.

Once it is removed can you restart your computer then follow this link to download a fresh copy of iTunes to your desktop.

Once the program is downloaded can you install iTunes just like normal.

After it is finished can you then open iTunes and let me know if it will run properly and that all your music is listed.

If it is will you then connect your iPad and then follow the prompts and let me know if it will now install and then restore properly or if you get any errors.