Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I need to save all my iphone data and then clear all my data

I need to save all my iphone data and then clear all my data from my phone, please tell me how to do this. Thanks very much, Ann McGregor
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes I do Ashik

Did you synced your iPhone with iTunes ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you Sync your iPhone with iTunes, iTunes will automatically backup everything of your iPhone. You can backup it manually too. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. In iTunes, right click on your iPhone under Devices and select Backup from the popup menu. This should backup your iPhone.

To clear everything from your iPhone, just click the Restore button in iTunes under Summary tab and restore it and Setup it as a new iPhone. Let me know if that didn't worked..

If this is an unlocked (non AT&T) iPhone, please let me know before restoring it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you mean that i should do this by clicking on the itunes app on my phone when it is disconnected from my computer itunes? (sorry to sound so daft!)
No, you have to do it in iTunes on your computer