Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Have a MacBook Pro. Have connected mini display port to an

Have a MacBook Pro. Have connected mini display port to an HDMI Adapter. HDMI cable then connected to a Samsung LCD 55". I can only view on the TV screen the background picture of my my desktop? Nothing else. Is there a setting or function needed to switch/change on the Mac?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes go to System Preferences / Displays select the Arrangement tab and there you can either mirror displays or move the white bar to the other monitor to see the desktop on that monitor or you can open an application like iTunes and drag the iTunes window over to the other display and it will play there.