Mercedes
Mercedes, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years supporting Macs, prepress, printing; both software & hardware in a production environment.
50456040

How do I upgrade I Photo. I went to order pictures last night

Customer Question

How do I upgrade I Photo. I went to order pictures last night and it said it did not support it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mercedes replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Mercedes and I'll be glad to assist you in resolving your problem.

In order to better assist you, I'll need to know which version of Mac OS X you're running (click the apple in the upper left of your screen and pull down to "About this Mac"), the resulting screen will tell you which operating system you have.

I'll also need to know which version of iPhoto you have. Once I have the answers to these questions, I'll get back to you with more info.

Thank you!
Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mac OSX Version 10.4.11
I Photo 6
Expert:  Mercedes replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that info. The current version of iPhoto is '11 and it's part of the software package "iLife".

I don't remember if iPhoto was provided as part of the standard System software in 10.4 - so, my first recommendation is to try to update the software. Forgive me if you already know how to do this or have already done so. If not, go back to the apple in the upper left corner and either pull down to "About this Mac" again (and then click the "Software Update" button located there), or pull down the menu to "Software Update" directly under the apple menu.

If iPhoto was part of the original system package, it will download an update for it automatically. Just follow the prompts the installer package gives you. If not, I think your only option is to purchase it from Apple here. Please be aware though, that iLife '11 REQUIRES the machine to be running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)...so if your machine is older and not capable of running 10.6, don't purchase iLife '11, as it will not run.

Hope this helps, best wishes!
Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was part of the computer when I purchased it 0 and I have tried to download but nothing changes.
Expert:  Mercedes replied 3 years ago.
Okay, let me do some further checking and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience!
Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your answer did not work and I do not want to be charged for it. I have since talked to Comcast and they helped me with my problem.