Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I moved my itunes and iphoto libraries to a NAS hooked up to

Customer Question

I moved my itunes and iphoto libraries to a NAS hooked up to my router. Itunes seems really really slow when I try to sync iphone/ipad and do other functions. Streaming a file from the nas is great. So it's my guess that Itunes is 'chatty' and does not seem to like having the on a remote nas. My macbook is wireless with 12M/sec down and 2m/sec up.

I'm thinking about moving the libraries back to the macbook. I'd like to COPY the data to the NAS so plex on my mac mini can access it.

Does all this make sense? What program on the MAC can I use to essentially sync new content from the itunes lib to the NAS.

Other ideas are welcome as well.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hi there and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you.

BeBoo :

I saw this question is a few days old and was wondering if you still need assistance with this.

Customer : No need. I moved everything to an external FireWire drive and proved my own theory.